Roasted Roots Gluten Free Pasta

Saturday 10 November 2012

Sometimes I just want a quick bowl of pasta.  Nothing fancy, just some good old fashioned comfort food.  This has become a favourite winter lunch lately.  Roasted root veg, toasted flaked almonds, lots of cheese.  You can choose whatever vegetables you like.  Here I used parsnip, beetroot, carrots and celeriac.  If you want a little more flavour punch I think roasted onion or garlic would be a great addition, throw in some herbs.  Mix it up, make it your own.
 
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C, 400°F
Choose your vegetables, chop in to bite size pieces and roast in olive oil in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes.  Add the almonds to the roasting tray for the last ten minutes and cook until everything is golden brown.  Meanwhile cook your gluten free pasta according to the pack instructions.  Once the pasta is ready, drain retaining a little of the cooking water.  Return the pasta to the pan and stir in the roasted vegetables.  Add a little water if you like to loosen the mixture up a bit.  Serve in bowls topped with lots of cheese.  I used hard goat cheese.  In case you hadn’t guessed already, I’m a bit of a fan.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum, who isn't a fan of cheese?
    I can't believe I havent had pasta in such a long time, this looks great!

    ReplyDelete