Autumn This and That

Thursday 15 November 2012


I spotted Christmas cards in Marks and Spencer back in September, now some shops are playing Christmas music.  I’m not down on Christmas, I’d just like a little more autumn first before I contemplate winter full on.  Is that too much to ask?  A few things I’ve liked this autumn...

Carpet of leaves.
Riot of colour, these leaves have sadly fallen to the ground now.
 
Porridge, I never tire of porridge or indeed pictures of it.  The perfect breakfast for cold days.
 
Roasting butternut squash...
 
Then making soup. I used this recipe
 
Banana bread is comfort food.  Sadly I burnt this gluten free olive oil banana bread with chocolate chunks.  It still tasted pretty good and now I have the perfect excuse to try again.  Watch this space...
 
Lunch when I'm too lazy to make an effort...almond butter slathered on gluten free toast with a hot mug of tea on a grey day.  Also I'm a little fond of my new striped napkin.  You'll be seeing it a lot.
 
Purposeful walking through autumn leaves in Jardin du Luxembourg with my favourite person in the world.
 
Kale season makes me happy.  I don’t mind if you find that a little odd.
 
You can use your kale in a green smoothie to start your day off right.
 
Building on my pear sauce obsession I ventured in to making apple sauce too.  Autumn has the best fruit.  Breakfast dessert (because breakfast deserves a second course)... plain yoghurt, apple sauce and quinoa pops. Divine. 
 
Happy Autumn x
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment