Roasted Rhubarb

Monday 21 May 2012



























I never really took much notice of rhubarb, but for some reason this year it caught my attention.  I always thought of it as rather tart and sharp in taste.  Being a child of the seventies it reminded me of school lunches, an over stewed, slimy mess beneath a stodgy lid of crumble, served with lumpy custard.  Not very appealing!  I decided to keep things simple for my rhubarb re-initiation.  I found a recipe for roasted rhubarb at BBC GoodFood.  Roasting things always appeals to me.  Although my version did go a little bit mushy, it tasted divine.  We had ours with natural yoghurt but I think it would also make a great topping for pancakes, on porridge or even rice pudding.  Now that I have discovered a love of rhubarb I need to make the most of the short season and maybe even tackle a crumble. 

The recipe I used can be found here.  Predictably I reduced the amount of sugar.  Happy Rhubarb eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment