Of Gherkins, Sheep and Summer...

Tuesday 23 July 2013

This week at home the weather has been sooo hot!  I shouldn’t complain, I’m not complaining, I am a little bit...

The week started in the City of London.  Hello Gherkin.


From London to Somerset in one easy car ride.  These sheep were our neighbours.  I discovered that sheep sneeze at night...weird but true.




























I came home with this lovely dresser which my sister and I transformed from shiny pine to beautiful vintage white.  I’m still trying to decide which plates to display.  My husband thinks I’m behaving like a granny but he secretly likes the dresser too.





























I’m attempting a spot of grow your own.  Can’t wait for these beauties to ripen.





























Growing some chard too.  I love how pretty it is.





























I’m mad for summer fruits at the moment.  Cherries are my catnip.





























Raspberries and apricots on my porridge.





























Since the weather is so hot I decided it was a good time to test out making my own deodorant.  It worked out pretty well.  Better than my shop bought natural alternative.  I used this recipe from Chocolate and Zucchini  and used patchouli oil for fragrance.





























Of course there have been plenty of walks in the cool of the early morning.  I love how the light falls through the trees.





























The obligatory coffee shot, can’t help myself.





























These are all taken with Instagram, you can follow me #separatetoasters or click on the link above.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE YOUR DRESSER OF PLATES OMG KITCHEN ENVY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me miss London, Caz! I haven't been to Somerset but it looks like a lovely little rural escape from the city. And those sheep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you are missing London! Yes Somerset is a lovely place to get away from city life. :)

      Delete