Celeriac Chips

Saturday 3 March 2012

Right now I have honking garlic breath, this has nothing to do with celeriac chips but I felt like sharing.  I was trying out a new pasta recipe.  It won’t be finding its way on here unless I manage to perfect it.  In order to try and rid myself of the garlic taste I’ve brushed my teeth, (obvious remedy) then resorted to chocolate (slightly less obvious but it makes me feel better).  Garlic is still all I can taste.
Anyway, back to celeriac chips.  Celeriac is one of my favourite winter vegetables alongside parsnips.  It doesn’t look too handsome but it tastes amazing.  My favourite cooking method is roasting but it can be mashed and also makes a good soup too. Here I decided to make some chips and it worked really well.

1 x Celeriac
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
Olive oil
Preheat the oven to gas mark 6, 200°C.  Peel the celeriac and chop up in to chip shapes.  Line a baking sheet with parchment.  Place celeriac chips in a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil (add salt if you like).  Once the water has reached boiling point take a colander and drain the chips.  Place the chips on the baking sheet, sprinkle with rosemary and drizzle with olive oil.  Place in the oven for approx 30 minutes turning half way through cooking.  Roast until golden brown.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I usually roast potatoes, turnips, or even radishes like this, but I hadn't ventured into the realm of celeriac yet. Must now find a celeriac... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen! Yes you must go out and find some celeriac, it's yummy :)

      Delete